Monday, January 17, 2011

Takers

This movie looked interesting, but nothing I was jumping over. The first half was slow motion guys getting into cars, having drinks and just having fun. It honestly looked like a Vodka ad, guys looking cool with ultra smooth hip hop playing in the background. Beneath the stereotypical 2k MTV meets Michael Bay action film, it wasn't a bad story. It had hot bad guys and two hardened, child support paying, my partners a bad guy cops. I wouldn't rank it anywhere near bank robbery great films like HEAT or THE TOWN, but it was worth at least one viewing. It has Paul Walker in it, who seems to be the poster boy for these movies. I don't care for all of them, but I don't think he is a bad actor, in fact RUNNING SCARED is one of my favorites. We can be thankful for one thing, the genetic test tube Vin Diesel wasn't in it.

No comments: