Thursday, September 25, 2008

The British are IT



Seems as though, lately I have been giving my time to BBC. I religiously watch Top Gear, which is probably one of the best, funny, infromative luxory car shows out. I also enjoy Hell's Kitchen, their documentaries and a new show called Skins.

Lets step back a few years and let me admit to my following of Dawson's Creek. Some reason I fell for this show and stood by every wednesday to watch Pacey break up with Joey and Joey give Dawson the blue balls.

Now back to Skins, which is the British version of Dawsons Creek, but with
sex, drugs, drinking, nudity and swearing. I dont know if it's my attempt at

being a teenager again, but this show was really good. I would suggest it to everyone, the first season is only 10 episodes and very easy to watch. It is currently playing on BBC America, but I would download it to keep from seeing the edited version. BBC plays lots of stuff that would be censored here, but they do block out fuck, cunt and frontal nudity.

Lastly I would like to make a category for most inventive/creative/startling end to a show. I would like to put Skins in my top 3 for, to me, the most off the wall and inventive way to end a season. Mind you I have not finished Sopranos yet, so it may be there too and somehow I have managed not to hear the ending. So watch skins for its British humor, drug usage, nudity and Top 3 TV Shows ending of all times, according to myself.

1 comment:

harleygirl13 said...

I have not seen this but will try to. There is a new British comedy on that started this season. I have been wanting to see. Have you heard of it? It looks really good too