Thursday, September 9, 2010

Pontypool

Pontypool

I really, really liked this movie. The suspense it created without special effects or visuals in the beginning was awesome. I think if it was a regular movie and shown all the things happening, I don't think it would have been as good. It's one of those that you have to see, if I explain it, I will ruin it.

I want to throw a couple of my thoughts out there.

I think the story about "Honey the Cat" is what started it all and it was mainly the word "Honey". It was one of the words named in the French broadcast.

Was Mazzy's voice the reason it started or was it the word?

What were the whispers Mazzy heard on the phone, was it the Weather/Traffic guy going nuts?

The producer said "Honey" multiple times to her kids on the phone, did she spread it.

At the very end of the movie the BBC guy starts to repeat "Pontypool", then theres a weird short video with the producer and Mazzy, what was that about?

3 comments:

Viking Wolf Woman said...

Awesome, so glad you watched it! I never caught the 'Honey' the cat thing, I think you're on to something. I did think the woman saying 'Honey' over and over was probably spreading it. and I have no FRIGGIN' idea about that last scene.

Jumbo's Lezis said...

Did you see the final scene, after the credits?

Viking Wolf Woman said...

Yes- I have no clue what was going on there.