Monday, March 9, 2009

Movie time and some random thoughts

Righteous Kill (blu-ray)
I think this would have been good 15-20 years ago. I still think that the movie Heat has one of the best shoot out scenes in it and it also has and awesome cafe scene with Robert and Al talking out their differences. It felt like I was watching too really old actors do something they cant anymore and that is act physically tough. Put either one of these guys behind a desk in another great mobster movie and you have a winner, but put them on the street beating up 50 Cent and you've made a bad movie. Oh, quick note, props to 50 Cent, he can actually act. Its an ok cop movie, but that's it, they just cant be tough anymore. Al and Robert need to stop with the tough roles.

Beverly Hills Chihuahua
Ummmm, good for the kids

Babylon AD (blu-ray)

First off it felt like a bad take on Children of Men and I heard the director even thought it was shit, but I did fall in love. No, not with Vin, my man crushes are spread thin enough with Jason S, Mark W, David D and Kevin C, but with the star of the movie Melanie Thierry (click here for pics). I want to say that Vin does an excellent job of playing a shitty actor, much like Keanu and Forest Whitaker (sorry if your a Forest fan). I did learn a very scary something about this movie. That Vin turned down the lead role in Hitman, to play in this dump. Yes, can you belive that!!!!! I love the Hitman series of games and will forever stand behind them and how powerful a movie series they could make. I was VERY dissapointed in the pussy ass lead they picked for the movie, in fact Jason Statham plays that character in the Transporter, why the fuck didnt he get the spot. Now, to find out that Vin diesel turned down the lead role, that means he had the part. That means they were taking the character way off the fucking charts for that movie. If your not familar with the game, look up Agent 47, google it and you will see a thin, tall, pale, bald character, but the melting pot of race calledd Vin Diesel was chosen for the move!! Ok, back to the movie. I thought the story was cool, the effects were cool, the actor sucked, actress was hot and everything else was in between. Matter of fact I would rather watch every movie containing the Rock, before another Vin movie. I meant that with no disrespect to the Rock, I actualy like his movies and acting.

Wanted (blu-ray)

I started watching this a couple months ago and stopped, then it came in the mail so i figured I had to. The first 20 minutes was really hard, couldnt get into the sci-fi action. Plus, I dont like Angelina Jolie as a "tough" girl. She plays a hard ass about as good as Danny Glover plays a cop. Speaking of, I always say "Im getting to old for this shit" when someone says the name Danny Glover, its kind of like Pee Wees word of the day, but did you know that he was not the first one to coin the term? When I was in Seattle last I watched a movie called "To Live and Die in LA" , starring William Patterson. In the beginning he is at a retirement party for his partner, whom retires in a couple of days, played by Michael Greene. While outside talking about getting out of the secret service Jim Hart (played by Michael Greene) slews the forever over used words "Im getting to old for this shit". I almost pissed myself and becuase there was no tivo there, I had to relive the memory in my head. This was actualy a good movie and it had one of the most abrupt, wouldnt think it would happen, moments in movie history (See Below). So back to Wanted, didnt like it, to much shit, cant stand Jolie. I really liked Night Watch and Day Watch was pretty good, but I think the director lost out on Wanted.

*****Spoiler*****Dont read if you plan on watching To live or Die in LA******
Patterson is hunting down the men whom killed his partner right before his retirement. The entire movie he is chasing them, then about 15 minutes before the end, he runs into the bad guys house and some no name actor, jumps out a locker and blows his head off with a shotgun. Boom, just like that, the main character is gone and he didnt even get justice, fucking crazy. I didnt see it coming and I dont think Patterson did either, but it was awesome. At this point you would think, WTF, well the movie just picks up with someone else for about 15 minutes and he does his own thing, lol, I am not lying. FUCKING BRILLIANT!!!!

1 comment:

Viking Wolf Woman said...

The only one I've seen is Wanted. It was free so I didn't complain much. I agree you gotta swallow all kinds of crazy to get through it. I was mildly entertained, hated the end, haven't thought about it again till you brought it up.